Upcoming2018 Traverse City Summer Skills Camp
- Jul. 23, 2018 - Jul. 27, 2018
Summer Skills Camp w/ Brian Rolston of Rolston Hockey Academy @ Centre ICE Arena, Traverse City, MI
Dates: July 23rd – 27th 2018
Monday – Friday Daily Schedule:
AGES 12U thru High School: 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM & 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Centre ICE Arena
1600 Chartwell Drive
Traverse City, MI 49696
4D Hockey Summer Skills Camp w/ Brian Rolston of Rolston Hockey Academy
On ice training development focusing on overall hockey skills. Skaters will be divided into like age groups that will participate in zone drill training covering stick handling, skating and shooting. Skaters will also participate in small area games that challenge players in game like situations.
Our Summer Skills Camp is designed to strengthen and improve core hockey skills throughout the week which will allow for the player to learn and grow with consistency. Picture a nail being hammered into a board, it doesn’t happen all at once, but over time it sinks in. This program was created for players to continue their hockey skills development over the summer months when most hockey clubs break. Our low skater-to-coach ratio is designed as a teaching environment which allows for players to properly train and practice what they are learning with proper corrections from our highly trained coaches. Using small area training techniques, the program will focus on: power skating, explosiveness, quickness, stick handling, puck protection, deception, passing, and shooting.
Hockey Skills Covered in the Summer Skills Camp
This 4D Hockey Program focuses on developing and reinforcing the following skills:
- Power skating: Proper skating technique – balance, edges, turns, crossovers forward and back, straight, speed, agility – will be the focus in order to correct mistakes and eliminate bad habits. The goal is also to create good muscle memories to improve and maximize a hockey player’s potential.
- Stick handling: The focus will be on handling the puck in all different situations, from small areas to open areas, and at different speeds. Various techniques for making hockey moves at different speeds will be covered, as well as protecting the puck in a range of high-pressure and low-pressure situations.
- Shooting: Players will learn about different types of shooting – reshoot, snapshot, slapshot, backhand shot – and practice how to manage these shots at varying rates of speed. Learn how to fake a shot, take a shot in small areas, and become adept at shooting no matter the position or constraints.
- Passing and receiving the puck: Hone puck skills, such as passing with moving feet, receiving the puck while skating, passing in a small area, quick passing, and more.