Upcoming2018 Summer Skills & Scoring Camp – Brighton
- Jun. 19, 2018 - Aug. 9, 2018
Summer Hockey Skills & Scoring Camp Brighton, MI
Date: June 19th – August 9th 2017 – 6 Weeks of development training, Every Tues. & Thurs. 1-3PM
- First Two Weeks of Training: June 19th, 21st, 26th, & 28th
- One Week Break: July 3rd & 5th
- Second Two Weeks of Training: July 10th, 12th, 17th, & 19th
- One Week Break: July 24th & 26th (Traverse City Week Camp)
- Last Two Weeks of Training: July 31st, August 2nd, 7th, & 9th
Location: Kensington Valley Ice House, 10540 Citation Dr., Brighton, MI 48116
Mites & Squirts, Pee Wees & Bantams (24 players max)
Fee: $699 / 24 hours of on ice training skills development
4D Hockey Summer Development Training Camp
On ice training development focusing on overall hockey skills. Camp is for Mites, Pee Wees, Squirts and Bantams. Skaters will be divided into like age groups that will participate in zone drill training covering stick handling, skating, shooting & scoring. Skaters will also participate in small area games that challenge players in game like situations. Camp will be held at Kensington Valley Ice House in Brighton, MI.
Our Summer Development Training Camp is designed to strengthen and improve core hockey skills over a six-week period, skating twice a week which will allow for the player to learn and grow with consistency. Picture a nail being hammered into a board, it doesn’t happen all at once, but over time it sinks in. This program was created for players to continue their hockey skills development over the summer months when most hockey clubs break. Our low skater-to-coach ratio is designed as a teaching environment which allows for players to properly train and practice what they are learning with proper corrections from our highly trained coaches. Using small area training techniques, the program will focus on: power skating, explosiveness, quickness, stick handling, puck protection, deception, passing, and shooting.
Hockey Skills Covered in the Summer Development Camp Program
This 4D Hockey Program focuses on developing and reinforcing the following skills:
- Power skating: Proper skating technique – balance, edges, turns, crossovers forward and back, straight, speed, agility – will be the focus in order to correct mistakes and eliminate bad habits. The goal is also to create good muscle memories to improve and maximize a hockey player’s potential.
- Stick handling: The focus will be on handling the puck in all different situations, from small areas to open areas, and at different speeds. Various techniques for making hockey moves at different speeds will be covered, as well as protecting the puck in a range of high-pressure and low-pressure situations.
- Shooting: Players will learn about different types of shooting – reshoot, snapshot, slapshot, backhand shot – and practice how to manage these shots at varying rates of speed. Learn how to fake a shot, take a shot in small areas, and become adept at shooting no matter the position or constraints.
- Passing and receiving the puck: Hone puck skills, such as passing with moving feet, receiving the puck while skating, passing in a small area, quick passing, and more.
Venue: Kensington Valley Ice House
Venue Phone: (810) 494-5555Address: