Upcoming2020 Defense Camp- Hazel Park
- Jun. 23, 2020 - Aug. 13, 2020
Defense Skills Camp Hazel Park, MI
Six Weeks of Defense Specific Development Training
Days: Tuesday’s & Thursday’s
Time: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Dates: June 23, 25, & 30
July 2, 14, 16, 21, & 23
August 4, 6, 11, & 13
Tuesday Video Session’s: 5:30pm – 6:00pm (June 23rd excluded)
Note: There will be no camp the weeks of July 6th – 10th and July 27th – 31st.
Location: Viking Arena, Hazel Park, MI
Age Groups: Mites & Squirts, Pee Wees & Bantams (30 players max)
Fee: $649 / 18 hours of on ice training skills development & 6 hours of off ice video sessions
4D Hockey Defense Development Training Camp
The 4D Hockey Defense Camp designed and geared towards travel caliber defensemen that want to take the next step in their game. Whether you are an offensive or a stay at home defenseman, this camp will teach the player how to excel in both areas. Led by former professional defenseman and youth coach for Little Caesars AAA Hockey, Chris Zarb, our instructors will be hands-on, teaching proper technique, pivoting, and handling the puck in pressure situations. Over the course of 6 weeks, players will skate 1.5 hours/day, 2x a week developing skills such as:
- Skating: power skating, edges, pivoting, crossovers and backwards skating.
- Situational Awareness: how to assess the perfect gap, how to transition into offense and how to join the rush correctly
- Puck Control: Stick-handling, escape moves, using the net
- Passing: hard/crisp passes and saucer passes
- Shooting: walking the blue, opening your hips, one-timers, slap shots, wrist shots
- Defensive Positioning: angling, stick on puck, containing and hitting
- We will also hold 1 hour video sessions once a week for the player to visually see these principles in action.
Venue: Viking Ice Arena