Upcoming2020 Summer Skills Camp – DSC Bloomfield Hills
- Jun. 23, 2020 - Aug. 13, 2020
Summer Hockey Skills Camp Bloomfield Hills, MI
IMPORTANT NOTE: All camps are 100% refundable if cancelled due to COVID-19
Six Weeks of Skills Development Training
Days: Tuesday’s & Thursday’s
Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Dates: June 23, 25, & 30
July 2, 14, 16, 21, & 23
August 4, 6, 11, & 13
Note: There will be no camp the weeks of July 6th – 10th and July 27th – 31st.
Location: Detroit Skating Club, 888 Denison Ct, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Age Groups: Mites & Squirts, Pee Wees & Bantams (24 players max)
Fee: $699 / Includes 24 hours of on ice training skills development!
4D Hockey Summer Development Training Camp
On ice training development focusing on overall hockey skills. Camp is for Mites, Pee Wees, Squirts and Bantams. Skaters will be divided into like age groups that will participate in zone drill training covering stick handling, skating and shooting. Skaters will also participate in small area games that challenge players in game like situations. Camp will be held at the Detroit Skating Club in Bloomfield Hills, MI.
Our Summer Development Training Camp is designed to strengthen and improve core hockey skills over a six-week period, skating twice a week which will allow for the player to learn and grow with consistency. Picture a nail being hammered into a board, it doesn’t happen all at once, but over time it sinks in.
This program was created for players to continue their hockey skills development over the summer months when most hockey clubs break. Our low skater-to-coach ratio is designed as a teaching environment which allows for players to properly train and practice what they are learning with proper corrections from our highly trained coaches. Using small area training techniques, the program will focus on: power skating, explosiveness, quickness, stick handling, puck protection, deception, passing, and shooting.
Hockey Skills Covered in the Summer Development Camp Program
This 4D Hockey Program focuses on developing and reinforcing the following skills:
- Power skating: Proper skating technique – balance, edges, turns, crossovers forward and back, straight, speed, agility – will be the focus in order to correct mistakes and eliminate bad habits. The goal is also to create good muscle memories to improve and maximize a hockey player’s potential.
- Stick handling: The focus will be on handling the puck in all different situations, from small areas to open areas, and at different speeds. Various techniques for making hockey moves at different speeds will be covered, as well as protecting the puck in a range of high-pressure and low-pressure situations.
- Shooting: Players will learn about different types of shooting – reshoot, snapshot, slapshot, backhand shot – and practice how to manage these shots at varying rates of speed. Learn how to fake a shot, take a shot in small areas, and become adept at shooting no matter the position or constraints.
- Passing and receiving the puck: Hone puck skills, such as passing with moving feet, receiving the puck while skating, passing in a small area, quick passing, and more.
Venue: Detroit Skating Club