Upcoming2022 Troy Summer Defense Camp
- Jun. 21, 2022 - Aug. 4, 2022
Defense Skills Camp – Troy, MI
IMPORTANT NOTE: All camps are 100% refundable if cancelled due to COVID-19
Six Weeks of Defense Specific Development Training
Days: Tuesday & Thursday’s
Time: 6:45pm – 8:15pm
Dates: June 21th – August 4th, 2022
On-ice dates are June 21, 23, 28 & 30 / July 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, & 28/ AUGUST 2 & 4
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO CAMPS THE WEEKS OF JULY 4-8, 2022
Video Sessions: 5:45-6:15pm every Tuesday we are in session
Location: Troy Sports Center, Troy, MI
Age Groups: Mites & Squirts, Pee Wees & Bantams
Fee: $699 / 18 hours of on ice training skills development & 3 hours of off ice video sessions.
NEW FOR 2022, all participants will be eligible for one free video skating analysis on our skatemill located at our 4D Training Center in Madison Heights, MI.
4D Hockey Defense Development Training Camp
The 4D Hockey Defense Camp designed and geared towards travel caliber defensemen that want to take the next step in their game. Whether you are an offensive or a stay at home defenseman, this camp will teach the player how to excel in both areas. Designed by former professional defenseman and youth coach for Little Caesars AAA Hockey, Chris Zarb, our instructors will be hands-on, teaching proper technique, pivoting, and handling the puck in pressure situations. Over the course of 6 weeks, players will skate 1.5 hours/day, 2x a week developing skills such as:
- Skating: power skating, edges, pivoting, crossovers and backwards skating.
- Situational Awareness: how to assess the perfect gap, how to transition into offense and how to join the rush correctly
- Puck Control: Stick-handling, escape moves, using the net
- Passing: hard/crisp passes and saucer passes
- Shooting: walking the blue, opening your hips, one-timers, slap shots, wrist shots
- Defensive Positioning: angling, stick on puck, containing and hitting
- We will also hold 30 minute video sessions once a week for the player to visually see these principles in action.
Venue: Troy Sports Center