There are no upcoming dates for this event.
Defense Skills Camp – Troy, MI
Six Weeks of Defense Specific Development Training
Days: Tuesday & Thursday’s
Age Groups / Times:
- Mini-mite, Mite & Squirts 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
- Pee-Wee, Bantam, & Midgets 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Dates: June 20th – August 3rd, 2023
On-ice dates are June 20, 22, 27 & 29 / July 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, & 27 / AUGUST 1 & 3, 2023
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO CAMPS THE WEEKS OF JULY 3-7, 2023
Video Sessions every Tuesday we are in session (video times TBD)
Location: Troy Sports Center, Troy, MI
Fee: $699 / 18 hours of on ice training skills development & 3 hours of off ice video sessions.
All participants will be eligible for one free video skating analysis on our skatemill located at the 4D Training Center in Madison Heights, MI.
4D Hockey Defense Development Training Camp
The 4D Hockey Defense Camp designed and geared towards travel caliber defensemen that want to take the next step in their game. Whether you are an offensive or a stay at home defenseman, this camp will teach the player how to excel in both areas. Our instructors will be hands-on, teaching proper technique, pivoting, and handling the puck in pressure situations. Over the course of 6 weeks, players will skate 1.5 hours/day, 2x a week developing skills such as:
- Skating: power skating, edges, pivoting, crossovers and backwards skating.
- Situational Awareness: how to assess the perfect gap, how to transition into offense and how to join the rush correctly
- Puck Control: Stick-handling, escape moves, using the net
- Passing: hard/crisp passes and saucer passes
- Shooting: walking the blue, opening your hips, one-timers, slap shots, wrist shots
- Defensive Positioning: angling, stick on puck, containing and hitting
- We will also hold 30 minute video sessions once a week for the player to visually see these principles in action led by OHL Amateur Scout Ethan Range.